At Subway ® we take great pride in our food and our exceptional franchise opportunity. We strive to provide our franchisees with the tools and knowledge to run a successful local business, and we encourage owners to learn the skills that will allow them to own multiple locations.
Here’s where Subway stands today:
• Nearly 17,500 restaurants worldwide (Subway passed McDonald’s® in 2001 as the largest fast-food chain in the U.S. and Canada)
• Operating in more than 74 countries
• Ranked the #1 Franchise opportunity* for 2003
Why is Subway the established brand leader in the sandwich category?
• Great food. See the research summary inside that compares our menu to the other chains.
• Simplicity. We have an easy-to-run operation .
• Support. We have proven systems in place to assist our franchisees. .
• Control. We teach our owners to use our exceptional control methods. .
Subway is a strong and growing brand that’s known for great tasting, healthy sandwiches. Why are the sandwiches so good?
• Fresh-baked bread. Daily, every store bakes its own bread.
• Gourmet breads. The flavored breads look and taste great.
• Made to order. Each sandwich is made to order in front of the customer.
At Subway we work very closely with our franchisees. The Subway Franchisee Advertising Fund Trust (SFAFT), Independent Purchasing Co-op (IPC) & North American Association of Subway Franchisees (NAASF) are run by our franchisees. Each of these organizations plays an important role in our success. SFAFT runs Subway’s advertising through elected local and national boards. IPC negotiates food contracts for our restaurants through a franchisee-elected board. NAASF provides input on company policies through its elected board.